Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Discovery

Recently, Chicky and I were organizing her desk in her bedroom, sorting, throwing away, labelling. It was menial work, but a good backdrop for just chatting. As we were getting everything under control, I observed, "Maybe we should start having the Itchy Issue conversations while we're organizing something. You know, have our next one while we sort out your bookshelf or something. I find that I feel less awkward when I have something to do with my hands, you know?" She agreed with me, "Yeah, that's how I end up scratching myself! I need something to do with my hands!"

So, that's my newest Fascinating Discovery. Even though people have been making the same discovery for decades. Whatever.

From now on, Itchy Conversations will be accompanied by folding clothes, baking cookies, or arranging knick knacks on bookshelves.

No comments: